Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Sunflower Bouquet ....

Hi today I am sharing with you a card I made using a Shaker Frame.  These have been everywhere on my news feeds of late so wanted to have a go too.  Tried it onto an ATC last week and that went ok so decided to go bigger.


There are dies in the market now that take the guess work out of everything and  I have used a set from Memory Box called Shaker Rectangle Frames.  Firstly I attached acetate to the back of the frame then added onto the backing piece the elements that would make up the shaker - ie beads, sequins etc.   To adhere the frame to the base I die cut out of mounting foam another frame and stuck it to the back of the frame.

My image is from Taylored Expressions called Sunflower Bouquet and have had  it for a while and thought it would be a perfect accompaniment to the shaker box and perfect as a Mothers Day card and have coloured it with copic markers.  On the centres of the sunflowers there is copper coloured glitter but it is a bit hard to see.

The senitment is from my own stash and is a Stampin Up stamp.

There is a sale on a Bizzy Becs until the 8th of May, still a few days to go, so pop on over for all your crafty needs.

Also the start of our new challenge 'Anything Goes' so pop over to see the Design Team's inspiration for this month and join our challenge.

Until next time

Happy Crafting
Karen



2 comments:

  1. Looks good Karen! Nice to see what you're doing in class is spilling over into other things. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Karen, what a fabulous shaker card! I'm going to go check out that MB die.

    ReplyDelete